FUND FORUM’S ACTIVITY IN 2012
Signing Memorandums of Understanding and Cooperation in the sphere of education, culture and art in 2012, including the one with the world largest Museum Louvre (France), the International Friendship Exchange Council, the Cervantes Institute (Spain), Birmingham Metropolitan College became the indicator of International acknowledgement of successful activity of the Fund Forum.
Kelajak ovozi (Voice of the future) Youth Initiatives Center signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with Asociación Europea de Profesores de Español (The European Association of Teachers of Spanish) as part of an international conference titled “The Spanish Language and Hispanic Culture on the Silk Route”, held in Tashkent.
National Breast Cancer Association «In the name of life!» signed the Cooperation Agreement with the largest charitable Breast Cancer Organisation Susan Komen (Susan G. Komen for the Cure) and the Memorandum of Cooperation with the National Korea Tourism Organisation.
Within the project “1,000 Weddings and 1,000 Sunnat-tuy” 2159 events have been held.
In August, the Fund Forum kept on expanding the Network of Universal Cultural Centers in Karshi and Samarkand.
The opening ceremony of the first ecological park took place in Tashkent.
In 2012, the Fund Forum in cooperation with partners has founded:
- “Forum of Socially Responsible Citizens of Uzbekistan”;
- Association of Silkworm Producers “O’ zbekiston Ipagi”.
Altogether in 2012 Fund Forum jointly with the partners carried out 611 projects including following ones:
- 147 international projects, 98 of them in different cities of Russia, Monaco, Spain, Japan, Switzerland, China, USA, Great Britain, Austria, Portugal, UAE, Poland, Israel, Azerbaijan,etc.;
- 93 youth campaigns in different towns of Uzbekistan, including events within the framework of the 8th «Kelajak Ovozi» (The Voice of the Future) Republican Talented Youth Contest;
- 106 charity and social campaigns;
- 58 events in support of children’s creativity, including the 9th Festival «Yangi Avlod» (New Generation);
- 106 exhibitions, including 44 expositions abroad within the scope of international cultural projects of the Fund Forum;
- 35 conferences, forums, round-tables, symposiums and annual online-conference;
- 8 big festivals: «Asrlar Sadosi» (Echo of Centuries), «Yangi Avlod» (New Generation), «Bolajonlar-shirintoylar» (Sweet Children), Art Week Style.Uz, 2 Festivals of National Dress, II International Theatre Festival «Theatre.Uz», III International Opera Festival «Toshkent Bahori» (Tashkent Spring) and II Tashkent International Film Forum «Golden Guepard»;
- 70 events within the framework of the II Tashkent International Film Forum “Golden Guepard”, which brought together 1500 cinema workers and talented youth: film screenings, master classes, conferences, briefings;
- 34 events within the framework of the III Tashkent International Theatre Festival “Theatre.UZ 2012”, which brought together 1200 culture and art figures: plays, master classes, expositions, conferences;
- 70 events on support and development of native fashion industry, including fashion shows, master-classes, fashion exhibitions within the framework of Art Week Style.Uz, Children’s Fashion Festival «Bolajonlar-Shirintoylar» (Sweet Children), collection by GULI was presented in Beijing at Mercedes Benz China Fashion Week and Seasonal Defile from «Dom Stilya» (House of Style);
- 57 concerts with participation of musicians from Russia, France, USA, Great Britain, Greece, including charity events with participation of Uzbek celebrities;
- 29 sport actions, including International Tournaments of Calisthenics, Choreographic, Charity Forum-Marathon «In the name of Life!», Football Tournament, dedicated to the International World Peace Day, FIDE Grand Prix International Tournament, Asian Junior Chess Championship;
- 8 books were published within the book set «Fund «Masterpieces of Architectural Epigraphy in Uzbekistan», dedicated to the epigraphic inscriptions on historical monuments of Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, Kashkadarya, Karakalpakstan, Andijan, Ferghana, Namangan.
Altogether within the projects of the Fund Forum 532 grants were allotted in total sum of 1.320 bln UZS.
Particularly: Educational Grants Program – 137 students, the total amount of grants to pay for education in Universities - 612 bln UZS.
Program of Scholarships for Gifted Students: 100 winners, total sum of scholarships - 67 mln UZS.
Pedagogical Grants Program: 50 grants in total sum 39,2 mln UZS.
Spiritual Enlightenment Support Program: 20 grants in total 18 mln UZS.
Small and Medium-Sized Entrepreneurship and Farming Development Grants: 15 winners were disbursed 37.5 mln UZS.
Family Entrepreneurship Grants for Female Entrepreneurs: 15 winners, grants in total sum 22,5 mln UZS.
Grant Program to Support Socially Significant Projects of Regional NGOs in Uzbekistan: 41 grants in total 383,1 mln UZS.
«Yangi Avlod-2001» (New Generation) Republican Children’s Creativity Festival: 118 grants for laureates (including children’s collectives) – financial reward in total sum 37,7 mln UZS.
Prizes for achievement in the field of Music, TV- and Radio- Art M&TVA-2011: 18 nominations, financial prizes in total sum 32.5 mln UZS.
Laureates of the Contemporary Choreography and Sport Plastic Art International Contest and Street Art were provided with 6 grants in amount of 7,4 mln UZS.
A total of 39 mln UZS was made available in 11 grants from GULI brand for the winners of “Yangi Avlod” (New Generation).
Microcredits and Interest-Free Microloans (20,623 bln UZS)
SISF and banks-partners have been allocated 1054 preferential microcredits and microloans for 16,399 mln UZS to women-businessmen in regions.
The program of granting interest-free loans of «Mehr Nuri» Foundation: loans on 66 mln UZS for 100 persons.
Forum of Socially Responsible Citizens of Uzbekistan together with partners: 4,158 bln UZS on realisation of 690 socially significant business projects.
Sponsorship and partners’ social support (3, 757 bln UZS)
Within the framework of the project «Alternative Energy Sources for the Support of the Social Sector Representatives» 5 rural medical posts have been provided the most powerful systems, totaling 90 mln UZS.
10 rural medical posts in Karakalpakstan and Surkhandrya region were provided with medical equipment in amount of 70,2 mln UZS.
Two schools of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and Surkhandarya region were provided with computers in amount of 29,8 mln UZS.
Within the framework of the projects of National Breast Cancer Association «In the name of Life!» 76 women were provided with expensive medicaments for total sum 199,2 mln UZS. During diagnostic campaigns of Association more than 9667 women have been inspected.
For the project “Inclusive education” 118,5 mln UZS have been allotted.
Mehr Nuri jointly with other partners allotted 3,25 bln UZS to reconstruction and building new medical establishments: building of the sport complex in the territory of Tashkent pediatric medical college – 1,75 bln UZS, reconstruction of Children’s mercy home №22 in Tashkent - 1,5 bln UZS.